- Career and Technical Education
- ELL Program
- Fine and Performance Arts
- Physical Education & Health
- Social Studies
- Specialized Instruction
- World Languages
- Schedules and Updates
- Fall Sports
- Winter Sports
- Spring Sports
Why Do Our Schools Purchase Supplies for Students?
Bellingham Public Schools strive to provide a free, public education of the highest quality for all students. Buying school supplies — in addition to the many other fees associated with school and activities — is a financial hardship for many families. Our community generously supports our levies and schools in numerous ways, and so much is already asked of parents related to fundraising and fees. Our schools will purchase the supplies students need for learning, as we do with books and other materials. Staff have worked hard to reduce expenses for families with great progress at middle and high schools.
- Reduce the school supply financial hardship to families as much as possible over time;
- Eliminate waste for supplies that aren’t used by the end of the year as well as parents’ time and gas money; and
- Support families in using time saved from school supply shopping to focus on setting learning goals for the new school year and planning for time and space at home for reading and homework.
School Supply Lists
Elementary School, Grades K-5
- Backpacks only
Middle School, Grades 6-8
- No supplies (composition books, agendas and other school supplies will be provided)
- Students will need ASB cards and clothes for physical education
High Schools, Grades 9-12
- No course fees. For the first day, bring a pad of paper and a pen.
- School supply lists are distributed on the first day by teachers. Supplies are available for any students who need them. Please see your counselor.
The main purpose of this initiative is to reduce expenses for families. Therefore, we ask that families only bring the supplies requested. Families and community organizations that want to help are encouraged to make a monetary donation to the Bellingham Public School Foundation in lieu of purchasing supplies for a school. This helps ensure equity for students by avoiding an abundance of supplies at one school and not enough at another.
School Supply Flyer 2013
Spanish Flyer 2013