- Career and Technical Education
- ELL Program
- Fine and Performance Arts
- Physical Education & Health
- Social Studies
- Specialized Instruction
- World Languages
- Online Registration
- Schedules and Updates
- Fall Sports
- Winter Sports
- Spring Sports
- Sport Specialization?
- Collegiate Athletics
The Bellingham School District employs six full time nurse positions. The nurses are each assigned to several schools, and carry cell phones making them readily available to their schools and staff.
School nurses are specialized professionals who provide knowledgeable insight into acute and chronic health conditions, and normal growth and development. Nurses can support your student by:
- Implementing Individual Health Plans
- Supervising medications
- Planning for students with life threatening health conditions
- Developing classroom accommodation plans
- Acting as a liaison between families, students, school personnel and the medical community
Additionally the school nurse:
- Monitors communicable diseases
- Oversees immunization compliance
- Provides state mandated screenings
If your student has any health concerns, please contact your school nurse.
“You cannot educate an unhealthy child and
you cannot keep an uneducated child healthy.”
Quote from Dr. Jocelyn Elders, past Surgeon General.